Code of Conduct
A primary goal of TISQA (Triangle Information Software Quality Association) is to be inclusive to the largest number of contributors, with the most varied and diverse backgrounds possible. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and religion (or lack thereof).
This code of conduct outlines our expectations for all those who participate in our organization, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior.
We invite all those who participate in TISQA to help us create safe and positive experiences for everyone.
2. Open Citizenship
We encourage participants to recognize and strengthen the relationships between our actions and their effects on our community. Communities mirror the societies in which they exist and positive action is essential to counteract the many forms of inequality and abuses of power that exist in society.
3. Expected Behavior
The following behaviors are expected and requested of all community members:
- ♣ Participate in an authentic and active way. In doing so, you contribute to the health and longevity of this community.
- ♣ Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- ♣ Attempt collaboration before conflict.
- ♣ Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- ♣ Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert board members if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
- ♣ Remember that community event venues are shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
4. Unacceptable Behavior
The following behaviors are considered harassment and are unacceptable within our community:
- ♣ Violence, threats of violence or violent language directed against another person.
- ♣ Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- ♣ Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material.
- ♣ Posting or threatening to post other people’s personally identifying information.
- ♣ Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
- ♣ Inappropriate photography or recording.
- ♣ Inappropriate physical contact. You should have someone’s consent before touching them.
- ♣ Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes, sexualized comments or jokes; inappropriate touching, groping, and unwelcomed sexual advances.
- ♣ Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following (online or in person).
- ♣ Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
- ♣ Sustained disruption of events, including talks and presentations.
5. Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior from any community member, including sponsors and those with decision-making authority, will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. If a community member engages in unacceptable behavior, the board may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including a temporary or permanent ban from TISQA without warning and without refund.
6. Reporting Guidelines
If you are subject to or witness unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify a TISQA board member as soon as possible. (email@example.com)
7. Addressing Grievances
If you feel you have been falsely or unfairly accused of violating this Code of Conduct, you should notify the TISQA board of directors with a concise description of your grievance.
We expect all community participants (contributors, paid or otherwise; sponsors; and other guests) to abide by this Code of Conduct in all community venues–online and in-person–as well as in all one-on-one communications pertaining to community business.
This code of conduct and its related procedures also applies to unacceptable behavior outside the scope of community activities when such behavior has the potential to adversely affect the safety and well-being of community members.
9. Contact info
Board of Directors can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the link on the tisqa.org website.
Revision 1.0 Published 12 January 2016.