QA / Test Engineer
The QA / Test engineer will be responsible for executing quality assurance and test efforts for a software development and services organization.. This is an innovative, fast-paced environment that requires the QA engineer to understand how to effectively test software during the development lifecycle..
The QA / Test engineer should possess the following characteristics:
- Proven abstract thinking skills with the ability to comprehend, organize and refine large amounts of complex information
- Ability to communicate confidently and clearly
- Optimistic, achievement oriented with high emotional maturity
- Foster and champion innovative technology solutions to resolve complex problems
- Strong problem solver
- Responsible for handling the most complex quality assurance and test environment problems and issues
- Participates in the creation, preparation, and conduct of quality assurance reviews and the development and execution of test plans and test scripts
- Analyzes, tests, and certifies application-specific software and performs ambiguity reviews of business requirements and functional specification documents
- Logs, tracks, and verifies resolution of software and specification defects
The successful candidate must meet the following requirements:
- 4+ years of Quality Assurance industry experience
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, including requirements analysis and application architecture knowledge.
- Strong programming skills in Microsoft .Net technologies, C#, WCF, WPF, VBScript
- Experience in Windows and API testing
- Proficiency with performance and load testing tools to include (but not limited to) JMeter, LoadRunner, etc
- Proficiency with automated test tools
- Fluent in Agile development techniques including XP, Scrum, Test Driven Development and code reviews
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- BS/BA Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or in other technical field
Please submit resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Farragut is a software transformation solutions provider located in Research Triangle Park, NC. For more information, please visit our website at: www.farragut.com.