QA / Test Lead
The QA / Test lead will be responsible for leading the quality assurance and test efforts for a software development and services organization.. This is an innovative, fast-paced environment that requires the QA lead to build a best in class Quality Assurance and Test group for an agile development team.
The QA / Lead should possess the following characteristics:
- Proven abstract thinking skills with the ability to comprehend, organize and refine large amounts of complex information
- Ability to communicate confidently and clearly
- Optimistic, achievement oriented with high emotional maturity
- Foster and champion innovative technology solutions to resolve complex problems
- Strong problem solver.
- Ability to lead and mentor others.
- Responsible for handling the most complex quality assurance and test environment problems and issues
- Acts as a lead in the creation, preparation, and conduct of quality assurance reviews and the development and execution of test plans and test scripts
- Works with client to establish and maintain a consistent test methodology and to resolve questions during the testing process
- May serve as a coordinator for all testing activities on a project
- Analyzes, tests, and certifies application-specific software and performs ambiguity reviews of business requirements and functional specification documents
- Uses advanced knowledge of applications to provide technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, and resolving highly complex test problems
- Researches new products and industry methodologies and facilitates the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards
- Plans and directs quality assurance schedules and assignments, and monitors project status in comparison to cost/time projections
- Logs, tracks, and verifies resolution of software and specification defects
- Documents all phases of QA process
The successful candidate must meet the following requirements:
- 6-8 years of Quality Assurance industry experience with significant experience leading multiple software development testing efforts.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, including requirements analysis and application architecture knowledge.
- Strong programming skills in Microsoft .Net technologies, C#, WCF, WPF, VBScript
- Comprehensive knowledge of testing methodologies, problem solving skills and application debugging from a technical and business perspective
- Experience in building custom test automation frameworks, including reporting
- Experience in Windows and API testing
- Proficiency with performance and load testing tools to include (but not limited to) JMeter, LoadRunner, etc
- Proficiency with automated test tools
- Fluent in Agile development techniques including XP, Scrum, Test Driven Development and code reviews
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- BS/BA Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or in other technical field
Please submit resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Farragut is a software transformation solutions provider located in Research Triangle Park, NC. For more information, please visit our website at: www.farragut.com.