Allscripts delivers the insights that healthcare providers require to generate world-class outcomes. The company’s Electronic Health Record, practice management and other clinical, revenue cycle, connectivity and information solutions create a Connected Community of Health™ for physicians, hospitals and post-acute organizations.
We are currently recruiting for a Quality Engineer.
Overall responsible for the quality of solutions released into corporate production environments. Responsible for developing and executing formal test standards, plans, cases to ensure the delivery of quality software & data applications. Involved in standards definition, test planning, writing test cases/scripts, test case automation and test execution. Creates engineered data bases based upon test standards, plans, cases to conduct functional, regression, and performance testing. Defines and tracks quality assurance metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results and test status. Collects and analyzes data for software/data process evaluation and improvements, and integrates them into business processes to address the needs of the business. Documents all problems and assists in their resolution. Delivers quality process training to technical staff and acts as an internal quality consultant to advise or influence business or technical partners. Performs quality audits across the various technical functions to ensure quality standards, procedures and methodologies are being followed.
- Skilled in SQL & database analysis
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience in Testing and Quality best practices
- Detailed understanding of the business intelligence industry and the business value that can be achieved
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services
- Independently solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may direct the work of other staff members
- Effective communicator; able to act as testing team liaison to development teams
- Able to create engineered data used in test plans/cases
- Healthcare Experience preferred
- Strong SQL Skills ( Teradata SQL is preferred)
- Data Warehouse Experience
- Hands on ETL Experience
- Testing with Teradata (or writing scripts in Teradata)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar. Or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of systems development, testing and/or business experience.
To apply, please visit our website at www.allscripts.com and apply for Requisition # PS10157