Piper Enterprise Solutions is seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer for a position in Morrisville, North Carolina (NC). The Quality Assurance Engineer will be responsible for static analysis, test planning and documentation while working with internal content, internal development and operation team members, and internal systems. Additionally, the Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for performance and security planning, process support, regression testing, and test execution.
This is a direct hire opportunity.
Requirements and Qualifications for the Quality Assurance Engineer include the following:
- 3 years of experience writing test plans, traceability matrices, and tests required; experience generating large, complex data sets and messages for testing
- Proficient experience with one or more of the following:
- SQL, PL/SQL, testing in an Oracle environment
- 1 year experience testing ETL, ESB, and Large Relational Databases (particularly Oracle)
- Experience with SoapUI or TOAD (not required, but preferred)
- Experience working in the healthcare industry (not required, but preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field (not required, but preferred)
$60,000 – 75,000. Total compensation package will be determined by recent salary history and relevant work experience. A successful candidate will be offered a comprehensive benefits package including a bonus structure.
U.S. Citizenship or permanent residency is required for this position.
Please email ONLY qualified resumes to Annika Hugosson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Raleigh client has an immediate 6 month contract requirement for a Mid-Level QA Analyst with Infrastructure project testing experience.
They have undertaken an Active Directory 2003-2008 (2012 possible too) upgrade, and need a solid QA Analyst to jump right in. You will also perform Quality Analyst functions on Information Security infrastructure projects. Duties include general systems analysis, determining test requirements, defining test cases, entering test cases and related information into Quality Center, conduct meetings, author technical documents, automate test cases where possible using QTP, document results, execute tests, create and track defects. You will also assist in developing test strategies.
Required and Desired Skills List:
* 3-5 years QA experience in a large enterprise
* 2+ years Infrastructure testing experience
* Test case analysis, design and documentation experience
* Defect Management
* Meeting Facilitation
* Overall familiarity with Enterprise Information Security
Preferred Skills List:
* Active Directory upgrade experience. 2003-2008, or 2008-2012 upgrade experience a plus.
* Quality Center experience. If you don’t have the experience, you will learn it!
* QTP experience
* Financial Industry experience a plus
This is an appealing opportunity for a team player. Come join an award winning company, where you can make a great contribution! As a new associate in this role you can become part of an impressive organization listed as a Forbes Platinum 400 Best Big Companies in America.
If this sounds like you, please contact me at Mike.Brittain@matrixres.com or 919-653-1503.
Our client is a hot Raleigh based, VC funded startup company with plenty of money in the bank, looking for a few more IT resources to share in company ownership. If you want to make an immediate contribution as part of a dynamic team working in an open source environment, this job is for you! The motivated, enthusiastic, and “startup minded” only need apply.
As a mid-level QA engineer, you’ll put to use your solid foundation of QA knowledge to contribute to the development effort. Must have at least 3 to 5 years of IT experience and be highly proficient with SQL queries (including table joins) to excel in this position. You must have fundamental QA testing knowledge, and can demonstrate it. Test automation experience is a plus. If this sounds like you, please contact me at Mike.Brittain@matrixres.com or 919-653-1503.
Growing Start Up Company in Raleigh is looking for a Software Developer who will be designing Test Automation. Some responsibilities will be to:
- Build tools that help developers be more productive, write better code, and test it themselves
- Operate as an integrated part of the software development team and define, document, analyze, perform, and automate tests for products
- Write code to examine and validate large-scale development and deployments.
- Partner with software developers to create and code tests concurrently with product development
- Write maintainable code, working in a professional software engineering environment (source control, release cycles, continuous integration and deployment, etc)
- A minimum of 5 years of coding experience (school counts). Much more would be great. What matters is that you’ve shipped and maintained mission critical tools and infrastructure that many others depend on
- You’re a prolific coder who works well independently
- You’ve used all of the following tools for continuous improvement and maintenance: automated testing systems; exercise multiple platform types; image-comparison tools to prevent behavioral regression; benchmarking tools to prevent performance regression; cross-platform build tools
- You’ve written your own tools to accomplish the items listed above because there were no tools that suited your needs
- You read up on and experiment with new technologies because it’s in your nature, not because it’s a job requirement
- You’ve made a substantial contribution to a widely used open source project. Huge bonus points if you started or led a project
- Formal training in computer science (bachelors, masters, whatever)
Contact: Dinah Cook - Dinah.Cook@SpencerReed.com
Spencer Reed Group, LLC EOE
Looking for a QA Engineer who will be part of a team working on a mobile application providing Quality Assurance support for applications and system integration. Successful candidates should be knowledgeable in Agile development, scalable architectures, distributed systems, and patterns for enterprise application integration.
Specific roles include:
- Develop test plans, test scenarios, and test cases for User Stories
- Collaborate with team members to drive User Story definition and document acceptance test cases
- Execute test cases and work with software engineers to ensure stories meet their acceptance criteria
- Automate GUI test cases and work with software engineers to automate back-end tests
- Execute load, performance, and stress tests
- Manage known issues using defect tracking software
- Identify functionality gaps and communicate them to the Product Manager and Product Owner
- Suggest improvements to internal processes
- Provide overall guidance to the team regarding QA processes.
QUALIFICATIONS: Required Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Read and understand requirements
- Create and Execute test plans and test scripts
- Strong with methodologies, tools, best practices and processes within specific area of responsibility
- Experience with SQL, Salesforce, Java, Ruby, Perl, Automation, BDD, TDD or other open source scripts
- Software development life cycle
- Testing development life cycle
Contact: Dinah Cook – Dinah.Cook@spencerreed.com
Spencer Reed Group, LLC EOE
Quality Assurance – Piper Enterprise Solutions
Piper Enterprise Solutions is searching for a Quality Assurance Engineer for a position with a growing organization in the Durham, NC area. The Quality Assurance Engineer will be report directly to the team lead or engineering manager and will be responsible for helping to define, track and execute quality assurance processes and metrics. Quality Assurance Engineers should have a Bachelor degree and at least 4 years of experience testing web-based software products and services in a team environment.
Other responsibilities include:
- Create and manage multiple test environments for testing functionality, scalability and deployment.
- Write, maintain and execute test cases and test suite harnesses, manual and automated.
- Adhere to core testing principles set by team and group leadership.
- Experience testing web services for functionality, load and scalability.
- Experience testing products that have a relational database component (MySQL is a plus).
- Background in software development or demonstrated understanding of OO development principles.
- Experience with functional testing, testing automation and scalability testing.
- Experience testing using an agile life cycle methodology (Rally, Scrum are plus).
- Experience with defect management software (Bugzilla is a plus).
- Experience with source control systems (SVN is a plus).
- Experience working in an Open Source / Linux environment is preferred.
- Understanding of product release cycles, code repositories, branching, labeling and packaging.
Salary Range: $50 – 70k, Salary is determined by previous salary history and years of experience.
Candidate will be offered a FTE position as a direct-hire with our customer (comprehensive benefits package included).
Matthew G. Knapp
Piper Enterprise Solutions
Office: (919) 659-8255 x2002
Cell: (336) 339-1753
Fax: (919) 400-4553
SBA Small Business Concern
Allscripts delivers the insights that healthcare providers require to generate world-class outcomes. The company’s Electronic Health Record, practice management and other clinical, revenue cycle, connectivity and information solutions create a Connected Community of Health™ for physicians, hospitals and post-acute organizations.
We are currently recruiting for a Quality Engineer.
Overall responsible for the quality of solutions released into corporate production environments. Responsible for developing and executing formal test standards, plans, cases to ensure the delivery of quality software & data applications. Involved in standards definition, test planning, writing test cases/scripts, test case automation and test execution. Creates engineered data bases based upon test standards, plans, cases to conduct functional, regression, and performance testing. Defines and tracks quality assurance metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results and test status. Collects and analyzes data for software/data process evaluation and improvements, and integrates them into business processes to address the needs of the business. Documents all problems and assists in their resolution. Delivers quality process training to technical staff and acts as an internal quality consultant to advise or influence business or technical partners. Performs quality audits across the various technical functions to ensure quality standards, procedures and methodologies are being followed.
- Skilled in SQL & database analysis
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience in Testing and Quality best practices
- Detailed understanding of the business intelligence industry and the business value that can be achieved
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services
- Independently solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may direct the work of other staff members
- Effective communicator; able to act as testing team liaison to development teams
- Able to create engineered data used in test plans/cases
- Healthcare Experience preferred
- Strong SQL Skills ( Teradata SQL is preferred)
- Data Warehouse Experience
- Hands on ETL Experience
- Testing with Teradata (or writing scripts in Teradata)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar. Or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of systems development, testing and/or business experience.
To apply, please visit our website at www.allscripts.com and apply for Requisition # PS10157