Rally Software in Raleigh, NC is looking for a passionate automation tester with strong experience in developing robust, flexible testing frameworks for web applications — someone who sees testing as a collaboration with developers, not a competition.
What’s it like at Rally?
What makes Rally a ridiculously good place to work:
- Entrepreneurial Atmosphere: You are in charge of your destiny. The team owns all architectural and framework choices, so if anything is not working, we change it! Prove a new technology solves a problem and we’ll use it.
- Hackathons: Had a flash of inspiration for an idea that could help the business? Unleash your creativity with regular opportunities to prototype with whatever cool new tech you want and present it to the rest of the team. If they like it enough, it could even become a fully-fledged feature and released as part of the product.
- No role or tech ruts: Extend your role or create your own. Work across the entire stack (presentation, middleware, web services, backend & load test) or specialize in an area of interest to you.
- Learning: Overwhelming encouragement (and sponsorship) for attending and presenting at conferences, meet-ups, writing books, and blogging. Our experiment-rich culture has us evolving our methodology and tools constantly.
- Fun: We have a kegerator with a different beer every month, as well as regular video game and table tennis sessions. Few things compare to hearing your coworkers’ cries from across the office as you frag them at the end of a long day.
- Copious Awards: Rally was named the Best Company to Work For In Colorado (where our HQ is) for the last four years running and ranked in the top ten Best Places to Work in the U.S. from Outside Magazine. We opened our North Carolina office in 2009 and are looking to aggressively grow it. Our product has won numerous awards and was recently recognized by industry analyst Forester Research as offering “the best combination of capability and strategy of Agile ALM tools”.
- Location: Based in downtown Raleigh, there are lots of great restaurants nearby for whatever you may be craving.
At the end of the day, the main things we’re searching for are talent and passion. However, experience in certain areas could help you hit the ground running, so here’s our attempt at narrowing things down a bit:
Apply if you:
- Practice (Test, Feature or Behaviour)-Driven Development
- Excel at finding that obscure combination of actions that destroys the whole application and makes the user’s toast fall butter-side down (and can then describe the steps to reproduce it!)
- Aren’t above executing a manual test, but would never want to do it more than once
We’ll upvote if you:
- Consider 70% test coverage just the beginning
- Are a 10th-level black belt in test automation
- Have any MongoDB (or other NoSQL) testing experience and/or would like to help define what functional testing means in these technologies
- A taste for beer & Thai food, as well as having crazy good hand-eye coordination are definitely helpful.
We are looking for people who are passionate about the software industry. We value teamwork and the ability to make and meet commitments as well as skill and a successful track record. We strive for a healthy, productive work/life balance, while enjoying the opportunity to substantially contribute to the direction and success of a vibrant software business.
If it sounds like you might thrive in an environment like this, please apply directly using this link http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?cj=